2016 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Commemorative Edition
Call for Price
Pearl Mira Red/Glass Sparkle Black
When introduced 30 years ago, the GSX-R750 rocked the world with performance and a design that redefined sport motorcycles. Suzuki celebrates this sea of change by unveiling a pair of Limited Edition GSX-R1000 models that pay tribute to the original GSX-Rs.
The 1985 GSX-R750 wore classic blue-on-white stripes that came to signify Suzuki racing worldwide for the last three decades. The new 2016 Blue-White Limited Edition GSX-R1000 continues this classic Suzuki racing heritage motif. Notably, the Suzuki Ecstar MotoGP team recently added this historical livery to a special version GSX-RR.
In 1986, a red-and-black GSX-R750 arrived to pay homage to the race bikes piloted by the Yoshimura Suzuki riders who competed at the Suzuka 8 Hour endurance races in the 1980s. Suzuki’s new 2016 Red-Black Limited Edition GSX-R1000 commemorates that landmark GSX-R, as well as the Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R raced in 1986 by former Grand Prix World Champion Kevin Schwantz. This red-and-black livery made its AMA Superbike debut on the GSX-R1000 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway under Yoshimura Suzuki rider Roger Hayden.
Each Limited Edition GSX-R1000 carries an exclusive “30 Years of Performance” badge atop its gas tank, plus special wheel striping to signify its limited production status.
- A 999cc four-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x Stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
- Optimally shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help realize a broad torque curve.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system, carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
- Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Lightweight, fully adjustable 43mm Showa Big Piston Front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping allowing adjustability for a wide range of conditions.
- Electronically controlled steering damper contributes to handling stability and a more alert and agile feel by increasing the damping force at higher speeds and reducing it at lower speeds.
- The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the–line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers along with a single-piston caliper rear brake.
- The front and rear tires tread patterns and lighter weight contribute to lower unsprung weight and sharper handling.
- Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- 12-month limited warranty.
- Engine: 999 cc, 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.9 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID50VAZ, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, Disc, Twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.6 US
- Color: Pearl Mira Red/Glass Sparkle Black & Pearl Vigor Blue/Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Overall Length: 2045 mm (80.5 in.)
- Overall Width: 705 mm (27.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 203 kg (448 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.9 x 2.3 in. (74.5 x 57.3 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 12.9 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Brembo, Disc, Twin
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 US gal.
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID50VAZ, 114 links
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Pearl Mira Red/Glass Sparkle Black, Pearl Vigor Blue/Pearl Glacier White
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.